Detailed Steps of Bird Coil Installation
Bird coil is a popular type of bird deterrent products in stopping pigeons and seagulls from landing or perching on exposed ledges, pipes, beams, windows and other similar places. Bird coil barrier is very easy to install only if do as the steps below. There are two versions of bird coil for selection - diameter of 4" & 5".
Preparation before installation:
- Measure the length and width of the ledge.
- The material of the ledge.
- Prepare for all the material: bird coils with diameter of 4 or 5 inches, clips, end post, glue, screw, and crimp.
There are five key factors before installation:
- Outer edge of the ledge: at least 1/4 inch.
- Gap between coils: no more than 1 inch.
- Length of expandable: 25 feet.
- Distance between coil clip: 12 inches.
- Gap between neighboring coil loop: 2 finger.
Bird coil installation.
Bird coil fixed to the brick substrate by screwing.
Steps of bird coil installation:
- Clean the ledges.
- Screw or glue the end post.
- Screw or glue the clip every 12 inches.
- Tuck the upper loop in the notch of the bracket.
- Pull the coil out at every 2 finger gap.
- Clip the coil into clips.
- Repeat until finishing the whole ledge.
- Cut the coil with wire cutters.
- Crimp to next coil if not long enough.
Inquiry for Our Product
Anping Pengming Hardware Mesh Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.